Sunday, October 01, 2006

Teenage Mutant Ninja Toddlers

It seems like Abang has turned into a teenager. Or, at least, he’s certainly acting like a teenager.

Firstly, for reasons unknown to man, he now likes wearing his really (and I mean REALLY) grotty slippers. He has nice shoes, but noooo, he has to wear his very worn out slippers. Sloppy is in, I guess. The only way I can get him to wear his nice shoes is if I distract him as we get in the car and then surreptitiously throw his shoes in after strapping him into his booster seat. Otherwise, I’ll have to walk around the shops or mall with a sloppy toddler/ teenager.

Then there's hogging the computer. Even though it's only Playhouse Disney Online, which is a great site for kids, but he's clocked up enough online hours to earn a long distance PhD, i.e. Play-houseDisney. Still, it's just a hop, skip and a jump to Yahoo! Messenger and Google Talk. And the volume on the computer can’t be on low, oh no, it must be on high. And volume on the toddler also is on high as he sings along with the music.

The other day he said he wanted to nap by himself in his room. He locked himself in the room (don’t worry, I have keys to all the rooms in the house in stand-by position) and blasted his radio full blast. Funny way to nap, if you ask me, but then who knows what goes on in the minds of toddlers who are 3 going on 13.

At least he complied when I asked him to turn the music down. Actually, let me rephrase, he didn’t turn the music down because he claims he didn’t know how to (strange, considering he could turn it up). But he didn’t complain when I “helped” him turn the volume down.

One time he arranged his pillows on his bed and spread his blanket over them and it looked almost like he was lying there under the covers. Now THIS one I got to watch out for. Next thing you know, he’ll be sneaking out after bedtime to meet with his other 3-year old friends to play their Playdoh or Thomas. Or, worse still, they get together with other Mat Toddlers to race on their tricycles!

He has also recently learnt to take photos using my handphone – luckily he hasn’t asked for his own yet. He likes taking pictures of the people around him, including one of himself taking a picture of the mirror.

We haven’t even got through the Terrible Three’s yet (and Adik has yet to experience the joys of the Terrible Tantrums) and we’re headed to Teenage Angst already. I guess this is nature’s way of preparing us for the turbulence up ahead.

1 Comments:

At 1:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

nephew number one is a teenager ! *sigh* ..they grow up so fast ..soon he won't want to sandar/baring with me to watch disney channel anymore..ant J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon