Sunday, December 31, 2006

Goodbye Holidays, Hello New Year!

The school holidays are almost over and it’s been a mixture of everything. A bit more TV and mall trips than I would have liked, but we also managed to visit the KL Bird Park and take the boat ride at Putrajaya. Besides playing in the garden (a lot!), I also tried to take the boys to the nearby park everyday, or at least every other day. A couple of times we even ventured further to Taman Bukit Jalil, which has really great play equipment for the children as well as exercise equipment for adults.

Another exciting event – last week my parents came back from Brunei, back for good! Hooray! There was no way we were going to miss out on a trip to the airport. Unfortunately for me, our fridge decided to die on us the morning they were due to arrive. (Actually I think it more like passed out, stressed from being overworked.) While waiting for the technician, it was soon time to go to the airport. So I packed the 2 boys, auntie and maid with my brother to go to the airport first while I continued waiting for the technician.

Boy, did I wait. And wait. And wait. After 2.5 hours after the agreed time I decided to give up on him. (The company got a piece of my mind the next day. Hell hath no fury like a housewife stood up by her fridge technician!) After all, there were people and luggage waiting for me at KLIA. When we got back from the airport, we tried to “reboot” the fridge – switch it off at the main switch, wait awhile, then switch it back on again. It worked fine, and still does.

Anyway, since my parents got home Abang has been inseparable from them. He has slept 4 out of 5 nights at their house. When I go to their house it’s almost like I’m “visiting” my own son! One morning, he was all ready to go out and as soon as he saw me he grabbed a chair, climbed on it and started closing the windows. (I just had to take a picture.)

He has been quite a happy camper since my parents got home. Today was Hari Raya Haji so there was a convoy to my auntie’s house in Gombak for a Hari Raya lunch. A 3-car convoy with my family (except Daddy who had to work), my sister and her family, my parents and my brother and sister-in-law were treated to scrumptious Hari Raya food. It was great fun. It was a shame that my auntie’s grandchildren were not around, as Abang really enjoys playing with them.

Just a few more days of holidays for everyone, so let's make the best of it.

Here’s to an even better 2007!



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon