Sunday, December 10, 2006

An Extra Helping of Energy

As I’ve mentioned before, I love having my nephews come over to our house. They’re very polite and generally well behaved – I’d say 80% of the time. (I just realised it’s dropped from 90%!)

Last week we had Cuz over for a few hours. My sister sent him over at about 11:40am and I was to send him back around 3, 3:15pm since she would be done by 3:30pm.

Perhaps it’s the school holidays making the boys more rambunctious than usual. Cuz was just bouncing about all over the lounge, making funny faces and noises to Adik. At one point he squeezed himself in between the sofas and stuck his upper body out so he could watch TV. That was when Adik figured it was a good idea to sit on Cuz and bounce up and down on him.

Trying to calm them down, and since it was almost lunch time, we (my auntie and I) got the boys to sit down and have lunch first before playing or watching TV. That too, was a challenge. Cuz was seated the whole time but was busy trying to engage Adik who was in his highchair. Abang took 2 mouthfuls and decided it was more fun to run around.

I can usually handle having the 3 of them at home. In fact, even though my auntie is around and we have a maid to help out, I prefer to be in charge. Firstly, our maid and Cuz wouldn’t understand each other. Secondly, my auntie tends to over react with the boys – Don’t do this, Don’t do that, Sit down quietly, Don’t go there, Why are you playing with that, etc etc.

This time, I found myself encroaching on her territory. I was beginning to repeat myself – WHY are you doing that? Will you please STOP that? Hey, get back here – and even my volume was getting higher. It seemed like everyone had an extra helping of energy, not something I ordered.

So we decided to move the stress to Subang Parade (so much for avoiding the malls!). At least I did have things to look for at Cold Storage there so it wasn’t a total waste of a trip. For some reason, I thought that getting them out of the house and into the wide open mall would make it easier on me.

Boy, was I wrong. The only time we managed to calm down was at bedtime!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon