Thursday, July 19, 2007

Self-Confidence Crisis?

Not here!

Adik is at the stage where he will follow everything, and I mean everything, you say and/ or do. If I ask something like, "What do you think is going to happen?" He will say, "Yu-yu 'pen." If Wan says, "Hey, semua yang kita buat dia pun buat!" He will answer, "Buat! Buat!"

So when we try to teach him numbers by counting as we take him up the stairs, it's fairly easy.

"One."
"One."
"Two."
"Two."
"Three."
"Tee."
"Four."
"Por."
"Five."
"Pie."
"Six."
"Tick."
"Seven."
"Beh-ben."
"Eight."
"It."
"Nine."
"Nine."
"Ten!"
"Ten!"

"Yay, Adik pandai!"
"Yay, Adik ah-dai!" and he even will clap his hands at this point.

Lately, whenever he sees alphabets or numbers he will point to them and say, "Two, Por, Nine, yay ah-dai!" Round of applause.


Abang is even more straightforward.

"Ant J, I'm very good at painting, right?" while painting a surprise for Mummy and Daddy at Nenek's house.

"I'm the fastest in the whole WORLD!" after 'winning' a garden race against Adik.

"Mummy see I move the chair. I'm very strong, kan?" I'm torn between scolding him for moving our furniture about and reinforcing his positive self image.

Hmm. I don't think lack of positive reinforcements is a problem in this household!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon