Friday, June 22, 2007

The Return of The Bibster

Bibik (a.k.a. The Bibster) is back! She took the express bus back to Puduraya during which she called me to say she's on the way back. So I gave her directions on how to take the Star LRT to Sri Petaling and then she took a taxi to our house.

It was an interesting two days without her around. I found myself hardly feeling stressed which was rather fascinating. Sure, I was very tired, but not stressed. I think it has to do with always expecting this day to come and being prepared for it - when suddenly, out of the blue, she leaves (for whatever reason) and I have to do the bulk of the housework.

I say bulk because my auntie is around and she does a lot of the cooking which, most of you will know, I don't particularly care for. So that's a load off my hands. But even excluding the house cleaning (if The Bibster were away longer I'd get our ex-cleaner to come in once a week) there's still a fair number of things to do.

Picking up toys, clearing up after a meal, washing dishes, putting laundry in, picking up more toys, hanging laundry out, bringing laundry in, re-picking up the first batch of toys already put away, folding and putting laundry away, general tidying up and then having a third batch of toys ready for Mummy to pick up.

Oh yes, and watching the boys.

And clearing the kitty litter. And feeding the cats.

And throwing out the rubbish.

And watering the plants, although that comes under the category of Playing Outside With The Boys. No wonder I'm still yawning until today!

Abang and Adik were not too bad, all things considered. I made sure they helped out whenever possible, e.g. putting their cups and water bottles in the sink (Adik can barely reach, but it's the effort that counts!), helping to put the clothe pegs on the hangers, "sweeping" the garage floors, loading up the washing machine. All their, um, "help", made the task take about three times longer than if I were to do it myself, but what the heck eh. Better that they learn to be useful!

Luckily for me, Adik's pretty good with his toilet training. Nowadays, there are fewer peeing accidents for me to clean up after. I'd tell you about the time he ran towards the bathroom yelling, "YAK! YAK!" (short for "berak") and clutching his butt, but some of you may be eating while reading this.

So now The Bibster's back and normality returns to our house. But it's nice to know we did just fine without her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon