Wednesday, June 06, 2007

The Intruders

We had a rather scary experience this morning.

Apparently, one of the security guards intercepted a group of 4 intruders while they were jumping over our gate leaving the compound of our house. I think there was some sort of confrontation and the intruders told the security guard to "mind his own business". Then at some point they smashed the guard's face in.

Our community association representative rang our doorbell at 7am to tell us what happened and asked if everything was ok, did they take or break anything, etc. Admittedly, I'm a little fuzzy about the incident because I couldn't totally understand him. I can't understand any non-standard Malay or non-Negeri Sembilan dialect so I only caught the gist of what he was telling us.

What struck me as a little odd was that the guard intercepted them at around 6am which seems a bit late in the night to be attempting a break-in. But as Daddy said, maybe our house was the last house to be struck by them and they were going to be "done for the night". Perhaps they know it's the school holidays and a lot of people are away and decided to take their chance even at 6am.

Anyway, I'll have to go and check on the security guard, make sure he is alright.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon