Thursday, May 24, 2007

Sleep? Who Needs Sleep?

I know, I've mentioned it before (in fact, more than once), but it just amazes and frustrates me how the boys are so against taking their naps.

They will fight tooth and nail just so that they don't fall asleep. Today, on the way back from 1 Utama, both boys were clearly tired - maybe even overtired. After Abang's class at Tumble Tots they had a pretty good snack at McDonalds (with Cuz and AJ!) so it seemed like a very good recipe for falling asleep on the way home.

But, noooooo..... they fussed, they hummed, they snacked, they chatted, they sang, they played with ... with ... whatever they got their little hands on just so that they won't have to lean back against their seats. Because leaning back and relaxing is very dangerous if you're sleepy but don't want to actually sleep.

I suppose in a way it's good that they didn't fall asleep in the car on the way home because they'd be sleeping with 1 Utama cooties. When we got home, they both got bathed and fed and then it took all of 10 minutes before they were off to dreamland.

It's so funny right? I mean, if I were told that I MUST have a nap every afternoon, why, I'd jump at the chance! Switch the air-conditioner on, put on some Light FM in the background and off I go. Dreamland, here I come! Add to that, I get told that I should be getting between 11-12 hours of sleep at night - phwoaar, very nice. Thank you very much. In fact, I may even be kiasu enough to try and haggle for more: "12 hours only, ah? 13 can or not?"

Anyway, I managed to catch a photo of the 4 boys at 1 Utama today. It's not often we get the 4 of them sitting nicely together long enough to take a photo.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon