Saturday, February 17, 2007

NEWSFLASH: Dead Rat Found in Office Car Park

Kuala Lumpur, Fri. - Office workers were shocked when they found a dead rat in the basement car park of an office block in Plaza Damansara today.

Apparently, the dead rat was situated next to one of the cars that is regularly parked there. Authorities traced the owner of the car to a man in his '30s who works there.

The owner, who only wanted to be identified as "Daddy", told us, "Unfortunately, yes, I put it there. There really wasn't any other place I could have put it."

It turns out that the man's cat - codename "Harun" - had put the dead rodent in his shoe the previous night. And this was one day when Daddy decided to drive wearing his slippers and bring his shoes to the office. So he hadn't checked if there was anything unusual in his shoe.

A source, who only wanted to be identified as "Mummy", told us, "He never drives to work wearing his slippers. He always puts his shoes on at home and then drives to work. Poor thing (him, not the rat)."

"I should have realised something was afoot (pun intended?). Usually when I come home from work I put my socks in the shoes. This morning, one of the socks was outside the shoe," Daddy explained to this correspondent.

"So it was only when I parked the car and started to put on my shoes that I realised there was something grey and fuzzy and quite dead in my shoe," he continued.

Your correspondent had to excuse herself to gag. Investigations continue.

5 Comments:

At 11:18 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

OMG that was hilarious!

 
At 7:53 AM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Thanks! Actually I should thank Daddy for the material for my story :)

 
At 1:31 PM , Blogger The Forgetful One! said...

Thanks for visiting my blog the other day. Hopefully it wouldn't take too long before the next entry.

 
At 1:37 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

HAHAHAHAHA.... you put thestar and NST journalists to shame :)
Poor rat though...

 
At 12:59 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Poor rat, indeed! However, as we like to say at home, "better dead and outside the house, than alive and inside the house".

Harun, despite being raised by humans since birth, is quite a skilled predator.

Good job, Harun!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon