Monday, February 19, 2007

Gong Xi Fa Cai

Happy Lunar New Year! It's the Year of the Boar - my year, which means I turn 36 this year and I'm looking forward to it.

Last Sunday, we visited my mom's uncle in OUG just off Old Klang Road. It's a tradition that dates back to when I was in primary school. Back then, before the time of handphones, we would arrange to meet somewhere at a certain time and then after everyone (siblings, cousins, aunties and uncles) has arrived, we would go to this house for a CNY visit.

Of course, if somebody was late, too bad for everyone else, we just waited. Whether it was under a tree, or by the road...

This year, there were fewer visitors. My brother and his wife are away on holiday this week. My cousin is (was) in hospital and his wife in confinement. My uncle and his family have balik kampung. So it was just our family, my parents and my sister and her family. Even my mom's uncle, whose home we were visiting, seemed empty. There were only a few of their family members there when we went visiting.

Still, it was - and always is - nice to see them after a whole year of not meeting them. There's usually some talk about "Yes, we should get together sometime. Let's not just meet once a year." But everyone is so busy and before you know it another year rolls around, and we meet here again!

I tried getting a good picture of Abang in his CNY outfit but he's been quite camera shy lately, can't imagine what that's about. Adik looks good, albeit in Abang's old CNY outfit.

Think next year both boys will get new outfits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon