Wednesday, January 16, 2008

The Hungry Chatterbox

Abang has been quite the chatterbox lately. He goes non-stop, telling us about anything and everything - what he dreamt, what happened in kindergarten, who did what, his favourite cartoons, the computer game he's playing - which somehow or other is linked to the previous topics mentioned above ...

After awhile, Wan and I had to ask him to slow down. He did, for all of 5 seconds and then he revved up again!

Non-stop, I tell you. I finally had to ask him to stop talking for a few minutes because it was literally giving me a headache. I was telling Daddy that I feel so bad for asking him to stop because it's not like he was being intentionally annoying, but he just feels like there's so much to share with everybody. But it really was giving me a headache, especially when he's like that in the car.

He's also been a real hungry bunny. Perhaps he's making up for the time he had the stomach flu, or maybe he's going through a phase. But Daddy tells me it's just a prelude to when the boys become teenagers and they'll be eating everything and I have to start shopping at Tesco Extra instead of a regular Tesco.

Today for dinner, he had a whole bowl of rice with veg and chicken (and Wan is not the type to put small amounts of food in the boys' bowls). About 20 minutes later he saw a loaf of relatively fresh bread and asked for a slice of that which he duly finished 5 minutes later. Oh, while he was eating that he also said he wanted some jagung.

Wan and I just pooh-poohed that request and told him "Yes, yes, ok why don't you have a bath first then you can have the jagung after that" fully expecting him to forget about the jagung.

The first thing he said after I showered him was, "Yay! Time for jagung now."

And he ate one whole tongkol of jagung. Amazing!

1 Comments:

At 9:05 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yes indeed he is a hungry chatterbox! Ant J had a good time with him last weekend... - Ant J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon