Friday, December 28, 2007

Holiday Activities

It's not just Abang who has holiday activities, Mummy's got some too!

I finally made another batch of mini cupcakes, similar to the ones I attempted earlier. Unfortunately I didn't have time to do the icing so I added chocolate chips instead to make them a little more interesting. We were going to my auntie's house in Gombak so I thought it would be nice to bring a 'buah tangan'. Plus, when I mentioned to her that I'm making cupcakes she said that's my uncle's "favourite".

They turned out ok, not great, but apparently her maids were really having a go at the cupcakes! Even Abang and Adik had to be restrained in the car because of the cake smell.

"No, no, you can't eat that, it's a present for Wan Teh and Tok Teh!"


I made some extra ones for Daddy, Abang and Adik but instead of chocolate chips I put colourful sprinkles. Abang was so pleased about it he kept saying, "Thanks mom, for making me the special cupcakes!"

Speaking of Abang, he was given a train-making kit as a Christmas present and he was so keen to do it. Daddy helped him mix the plaster of paris and pour it in the mould. A few days later, when it was completely dry, I helped him paint it.


I had to really restrain myself from helping him too much and trying to make sure it looks "nice" and instead just let him do as he wanted to. It turned out very, uh, colourful and he was quite happy with the results.

4 Comments:

At 8:50 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

is that a pink wheel i see.. :-) - Ant J

 
At 10:19 PM , Blogger The Forgetful One! said...

Ooooo ... what a colorful train. I like it! :-D

Happy New Year!

 
At 10:54 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Yes, a very colourful train with pink AND blue wheels :)

 
At 9:45 AM , Blogger The Forgetful One! said...

I like ... I like ... :-D

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon