Monday, January 21, 2008

Sign O'The Times

It's a sign o'the times, when:

1 - I forget that my own son Abang is turning 5 soon and have to be reminded by his teacher (his teacher, of all people!) that he "is 5 years old already, so will be coming out of class a bit later" when I turn up at the 4-year old dismissal time at his kindergarten.

2 - I forget that Abang's closer to 5 than 4 and keep buying him clothes for 4-year-olds.

3 - I rejoice when Adik doesn't have a peeing accident in the lounge (or worse, on the sofa) and runs to the loo and helps his Mummy save the environment and some diaper money.

4 - I start glaring at drivers who speed, and not just those who drive Alfas heheh

5 - An extra diaper, wet wipes and tissue paper are more important things to carry in my handbag than compact powder and lipstick.

6 - I no longer tut-tut kids who throw tantrums in public, nor do I silently curse their parents for bringing such ... such ... terrors around, annoying other people.

7 - I get all happy whenever it's a blisteringly hot and windy day because that means the laundry will have no problem getting dry. (Yes, sad, I know.)

8 - I'm proud to drive a big van even though I only have 2 children.

9 - Directions are best given to me in relation to schools, kindergartens, tuition centres and playgrounds. E.g. "Ok, after the playground take a left where there's a montessori kindergarten, straight down past the sekolah menengah then you'll come to some shop lots. See the tuition centre there? Ah, ya, just 2 doors down from there."

10 - Daddy and I talk about the boys (or other people's children) whenever we go out on our date. Sigh, what to do!

It's a Sign O'The Times, indeed!

2 Comments:

At 1:55 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

you are such a MOM :-) - Ant J

 
At 10:10 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Proud to be a MOM!

I think the mug you gave me is best - with the picture of the woman hanging out a whole basket of laundry on the clothes line and the tag line was "Another entire day wasted online"

That's a classic! :)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon