Wednesday, February 21, 2007

This 'Tagging' Thing

I got tagged by Tracy last week, and I asked her "What's this 'tagging' thing anyway?" I'd had read about it on other blogs, but never really knew what it meant. Apparently it's like being "it" and since she got tagged and blogged about the reasons why she blogs, I figured better to toe the line.

Initially, I blogged to practise writing. And writing about my children (with sprinklings about Daddy) certainly seemed like the easiest thing to write about. It gets the writing juices flowing.

After awhile, I realised this is an excellent way to document the boys growing up. Years from now - assuming blogs are still around - we can read these old posts and say, "Oh ya! Adik used to do that!" and "Aww, remember when Abang used to say blah blah blah?"

Of course, the best reason must be to make fun of my kids. There's a lot of material in this blog that's just right for that Let's-embarrass-our-son-when-he-brings-home-his-girlfriend-to-meet-us moment. I can just see it now...

"Why hello dear, it's so nice to meet you," I'll say as I start searching for THE MOST embarrassing photos to show her.

"And here you have Adik, using the batu lesung, when he was just one and a half years old ... oh, oh, there he is in his sagging diaper ... look at this! Trying to feed himself, so cute!"

When it's Abang's turn, "Oh, Abang was such a fussy baby. Stressed us out to no end! But he looked so cute at his kindergarten concert - see? And he always tried to teach Adik things like how to put shoes on, how to brush teeth, how to pee - such a good Abang."

Hey, I got to get SOME laughs out of all this, right?

... Right?

Now it's my turn to 'tag' someone - I tag Michele!

1 Comments:

At 8:12 PM , Blogger The Forgetful One! said...

Jee ... thanks :-) Look forward to reading your escapades from Down Under.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon