Sunday, March 04, 2007

Public Complaints Bureau

I'm a little short of time today, so I'm going to do some community service.

Did you know that if you have constructive criticism of any government agency, there is a dedicated website and e-mail address for it? You're probably thinking "Ya, so what? Do they actually read AND reply to e-mails?"

Actually, yes! I wrote to aduan@bpa.jpm.my on several occasions and they replied my e-mail very promptly. "BPA" is Biro Pengaduan Awam or Public Complaints Bureau and is part of the Jabatan Perdana Menteri (Prime Minister's Department). One of my grouses was that I had e-mailed to the Elections Commission to ask how to change my registered voting address from my parents' house to my house. But the EC never replied (what's the point of having an e-mail address if it's not used?). So I complained and the BPA officer replied almost immediately and forwarded my case to (someone specific) at the EC. The other time I asked for contacts at DBKL about the maintenance of the Bukit Jalil park and she replied very promptly with a couple of names and how to contact them.

I really believe that more action from regular citizens like us can do more than one or two big-time elected officials. Here's a very simple way to get involved and get active in our community.

You want better service? Demand it! Sitting back and whining about it to each other isn't going to help. Take action instead.

Check out their website at www.bpa.jpm.my.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon