Saturday, August 04, 2007

Will Pay for Sleep

Wa, Adik's been quite the cranky bunny lately. Poor little guy has a huge, I mean enormous, ulcer on his tongue. Luckily his paediatrician confirmed it isn't anything serious but did prescribe some bonjela-type medication for me to apply on Adik's tongue. I'm thinking, this ubat is going to be such a waste of money. (Which it is.)

Last night he slept ok, or rather, I slept quite ok because I assume he did too. Or if he was restless it wasn't enough to disturb my sleep.

But Thursday night, wa-lau-eh, both of us hardly slept. Between 8pm and 11pm he was so restless, waking up crying every half hour almost. Then, from 11pm-1am he became extremely restless not allowing me to leave his side at all. Whenever I tried to get up to go to the bathroom or to pray he would cry. Finally, at 1m I decided to just get up and do what I needed to do (loo, pray, put clothes away) and let him sit up on the bed and watch some TV.

Maybe in hindsight that was a mistake because then he was SO wide awake that he wouldn't go back to sleep once I was ready to sleep. I dozed in and out until 3:30am and I realised he still wasn't asleep. In the end I had to rock him to sleep and I think he went out by about 4am.

5:45am he's up again, restless and kicking his legs feeling very annoyed but eventually made it back to slumberland. 7am he's up and not agreeing to the suggestion of going back to bed.

And with that I shall stop here because Adik seems to be having another Thursday Night-type night. Is sleep stocked up anywhere at 1Utama? It doesn't have to be on sale, I'd pay full price for it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon