Thursday, July 10, 2008

Communication 101

Daddy came home last night with (what I thought was) startling news.

"I was in an accident today," he told me, pout and all.

"WHAT?! Oh my GOD!! Are you ok??"

"Oh, no, no, I don't mean a car accident."

"Oh. Phew," I was so relieved.

"No, wait, I mean, it did involved the car..." he replied.

"What?! Wait, so DID you or DID YOU NOT have an accident?" I'm like swinging between Major Concern and Relief, slowly heading towards Impatience.

"It's like this. I was closing the tailgate ... "

I interrupted him. "Ha? The what?"

"The tailgaaaate." Impatience heads his way now.

"Oh." I paused for a second. "You mean the boot, izzit?"

"Sigh. Yes. I was closing the *boot* but I was standing a little too close to the car and the corner of the *boot* caught my shirt pocket and now it's koyak. Can you send it to Edward and see what he can do?"

Daddy and I obviously need to work on our communication, or else we will have to resort to charades. And we know how THAT turned out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon