Saturday, July 19, 2008

I'm So Excited!

Mummy got a new phone, hooray! The plan is to give my current Nokia to Nenek while I get a new phone. We were all set to get me a new Nokia - having only ever had Nokias since I got my first handphone in 1996 or was it 1995? - and looked for some potential candidates on the website.

Off Daddy and I went to the IT mall at Section 14, as I said, all set to get a Nokia when the salesguy asked if we'd be interested in a Sony Ericsson. I scrunched up my face and said, "Saya selalu pakai Nokia, tak pernah pakai phone lain."

I tell you, this guy was good. We asked to see the Nokia 6500 and when we were not dead against the Sony Ericsson (although I did scrunch up my face) he brought it for us to see it. It looked quite nice and he mentioned that it has similar features to the 6500 but a better camera and cheaper too!

We were slowly starting to like it and asked to put in the battery and a sim card to try it out. He could tell we were not fully convinced yet, so asked how much we were planning to spend, so that he could recommend some other ones with similar function. We said we had planned to spend about the price of a 6500.

It was really nice how not-pushy he was, yet very helpful in explaining everything. After about 10 minutes, I was sold. It's lighter, looks nicer and has a better camera than my current phone and it's cheaper than the one we were initially looking at. I'd always been a bit wary of using a non-Nokia because kononnya the user interface for non-Nokias are not as friendly as a Nokia. But they've all caught up by now.

Allow me to introduce my new phone, the K770i from Sony Ericsson. Except it's purple in colour, not blue. I'm looking forward to posting nicer photos on the blog!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon