Tuesday, August 26, 2008

"I Love Nenek"

Ant J was in Alor Setar over the weekend, visiting Tok Bah who's slightly under the weather. So after swimming and a good lunch at the club with the boys, we thought it might be a good idea to hang out at Nenek's house as she was by herself. Plus, what grandmother wouldn't want to hang with her grandkids anyway?

While Daddy went to get the car, the boys and I waited for him at the club reception. As he normally does, Abang went up to the receptionist and asked - very politely, I might add - for some sheets of paper to do some drawing while we waited for Daddy. He then proceeded to get a pencil from the box where golfers take to use for writing their scores.

He passed one piece of paper to Adik, then started to draw. He drew a person and said, "That's me. I'm drawing me."

Then he asked me how to spell "for nenek" and then wrote it down after which Daddy arrived with the car and we all piled in. In the car on the way to Nenek's house, Abang told us, "I'm making a surprise for Nenek because she is alone this weekend."

We were so touched! Then he added, "Mummy when we get to Nenek's house you distract her so I can colour the picture, ok?"

When we arrived at Nenek's house, he ran into the house, grabbed the box of colour pencils and hid in the room colouring away his surprise. Nenek at first was a little upset that he didn't want to greet her (especially since he'd not been to their house in about a month) so I had to explain to her that he was making a surprise for her so he didn't want anyone to see it.

Here is the end result that now sits proudly on their fridge door:



Nenek was SOOoooo pleased :)

And she was even more pleased when Abang said he wanted to teman her that night and sleep over because she was alone.

Our little boy is growing up!

1 Comments:

At 9:05 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

uaaaaaaaaaa...my nephew so thoughtful...now must give him his new binoculars lah... - Ant J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon