Friday, March 30, 2007

Adventure for the Day

Abang and I had an adventure today! I took him to KL for lunch with Ant J and he was so excited as we drove in to town, pointing out various water fountains, LRT and Komuter trains and other things that catch a 4-year old's eye.

I had set his expectations in the morning about going to lunch with Ant J and asked him to go pee first at kindergarten after his break because we were going to go straight from kindergarten.

As it turns out, he didn't. He said he "forgot". I can't really fault him for that because I also forgot to ask him if he'd gone to the loo when I fetched him from kindergarten. So as we were stuck in slow moving traffic (not really traffic 'jam', per se) he made that dreaded announcement, the one no parent wants to hear when stuck in traffic - "Mummy I need to kencing".

Then he excitedly suggests stopping at a Shell station (for some reason, he gets his kicks from going to petrol station loos ... go figure...), something I've done many times and have no issues with. Thinking through our route to Ant J's office, I realised that there was none to be had. Houston, we have a MAJOR problem.

Adventurous Mummy started looking out for road shoulders with grass or plants that needed fertilisation. We're still stuck in traffic on the Sg Besi highway next to the old Sg Besi airport and Abang started chanting, "Mummy, I really, really have to go kencing." That soon changed to "Mummy, I cannot tahan..." Mummy looked nervously at his booster seat for any signs of wetness.

Finally, I decided to swing left on to Lebuhraya Mahameru (no grass or the opportunity to stop available on Jalan Tun Razak) which is usually less congested than Jalan Tun Razak plus it has the added bonus of various flora and fauna. I looked for a relatively safe spot to stop the car and got him out to start the fertilisation process.

Although he was quite proud of having "helped the Uncle DBKL water the plants" I had to explain to him the dangers of stopping by the roadside like that. He was wondering about the hazard lights and I explained to him that we switch it on in an emergency. And an emergency it was.

Hopefully, he won't forget to pee at kindergarten anymore.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon