Sunday, April 01, 2007

Cat Blog Again!

As I've mentioned before, Percy is one of our regular strays. He's become comfortable enough to hang around our patio and sometimes in the garage under the car.

Today, I saw him sitting quietly next to my car. Since there was some food left over in the food bowl, I called him over to come and have some. Adik was with me and once he saw Percy, he ran straight to him. So of course Percy bolted, but being a rather clever cat, he bolted in the direction of the food!

I tried getting Adik to give Percy some food, as in put some on his hand and put it in front of Percy. As soon as Adik got close, he backed up, hissed really fiercely and ran off. As expected, Adik ran off chasing him. I thought Percy would just run off and out the back gate. But to my surprise, when I went around the corner, I saw Percy sitting down and Adik standing next to him. (Neither looked very threatening to the other.)

Then, Percy actually meowed at Adik! A rather manja meow, in fact. So Adik bent down and put the food he held in his hand on the floor next to Percy. Then Adik went back to where we keep the cat food and Percy followed him. He spotted the leftover food in the tray and helped himself. Adik was actually looking for the cat brush which, in all honesty, he doesn't use to brush their fur with but for reasons unknown to mankind he prefers to just smack it on the ground repeatedly. I could sense he was ready to smack it on Percy repeatedly so I held his hand firmly and told him, "Comb Percy's hair, ok? Gently now."

He managed to a little bit, but preferred to stroke Percy with his hand. Later, I felt brave enough to also try doing that - when Percy was too busy stuffing his face to notice.

Percy will henceforth be known as "Adik's cat" since Percy seems to let his guard down around Adik more than anyone else!

And, on a separate note, I'd like to bid a 'Hello' and 'Goodbye' to New White Socks. It's called New White Socks so we don't confuse it with White Socks.

I saw New White Socks for the first time at Nenek's house last Wednesday. So cute! Before we could adopt it, it got adopted already. So never mind, hopefully it will thrive at its new home in Kuantan. (Yes you read correctly - it got adopted and taken to Kuantan. Must get updates from Ant J on its progress.)

Ah well, plenty more where that came from! We'll just wait a couple of months and then there'll be a Newer White Socks.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon