Sunday, April 08, 2007

My Little Crooners

Abang and Adik have pretty good ears for songs. They love the songs on Little Einsteins and Abang can hum along quite well. Adik tries, and the intonation is not bad but obviously he can't hit the actual notes yet.

In fact, Abang can even make up his own lyrics! Lately he's been quite competitive, always going on about how he can "finish first" and "do XYZ before you", etc. Even brushing teeth has become a competition. So he sang I-finish-brushing-teeth-first-because-you-are-so-late to the tune of Mozart's "Horn Concerto No. 2 in E flat Major" which he learnt from watching Little Einsteins. (The only reason I know the full name of the piece is because I Googled it and it's in Wikipedia! How cool is that!)

Now, the name of the game is Mas Que Nada by the Black Eyed Peas. Yes, that track is set to 'repeat' in the car because both Abang and Adik just love that song. Abang can sing along - tap tap hum hum MUSH-KEH-NA-DAH! - while Adik does the Ah, Ah, Ah, La-la-la-laaa!

Sometimes, I try to sneak in a different song because that La-la-la-laaa part is stuck in my head, but Adik will say - nay, Adik will repeat - "Nak. Nak. Ah ah ah. La la la la." I've tried my best to pretend I don't know what he means but he knows that I know exactly what he means. He's on to me.

We contemplated sending Abang for some music classes (obviously Adik is too young) but we're worried it might be a chore for him and will lose interest. So maybe we'll just let the Black Eyed Peas and Little Einsteins teach him about music and who knows, maybe in a few years ... he'll be writing his own concerto?

Ha ha. I think not. I'm content to hearing them hum along to tunes they recognise and to just enjoy the music.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon