Monday, August 06, 2007

Scoring Brownie Points

I think I may scored brownie points with Nenek today (yay?). After lunch, Abang said he wanted to go play at Atok's house but my parents were out and about running errands so that was a no-go. Then he said he wanted to go to Nenek's house instead and Nenek's usually at home so that wasn't a problem.

We all packed up (sans Bibik who stayed home cleaning the house) and headed to Kepong. I called Nenek just to make sure that she was indeed home and I think she was rather pleased that we were coming over for a surprise visit.

When we got there she had already fried some karipap, took out some of Ant J's cheesecake (sorry ah Ant J, very laku la) and even had some teh-O ready! I brought some of my work to do there, not just to get stuff done but also to get Abang to do his homework. We now have a 'race' to see who can finish homework faster. I let Abang win, of course, so that he does finish it!

Nenek was most pleased to feed both boys cheesecake while Abang completed his homework and Adik watched his favourite show Little Einsteins. Later, they played outside for a bit while Mummy finished her homework aided by some karipap and teh-O.

We got caught in a massive traffic jam coming back (does that score me more brownie points?) but it was a nice afternoon; a good change for everyone albeit a rather long drive there and back.

Next on my Brownie Point Scoring list is Atok Bah, my father-in-law. It seems that Atok Bah is a bit concerned that the boys aren't "getting in touch with nature". Maybe I unknowingly only ever send him pictures of Abang and Adik in concrete settings like at a mall or in the house.

So I shall be digging up photos of the boys "at one with nature", say playing in the garden, playing with the cats, at bird and butterfly parks, at playgrounds, etc. Maybe something like:



That's Adik watering a brick in the grass. How about Abang loosening the soil for Wan to plant her kunyit:


Let's not forget them feeding and playing with the cats:


Yes, I must print and send those photos to Atok Bah asap!

2 Comments:

At 9:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

yay brownie points! :-) another pic to send Tokbah - the one Abang 'climbing'/'swinging' on mangga tree branch - well, actually he was 'doing a Harun' but let's not tell Tokbah that his firstborn grandchild thinks he is a cat :-) - Ant J

 
At 2:00 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Brownie Points Checklist:

1. Mother-in-Law - CHECK
2. Father-in-Law - WIP, photos of grandsons in the mail

:)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon