Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Moving On

Ok I've stopped ranting and raving against Blogger (they ARE hosting my blog, after all) and will just move on. Let's talk about something nice! And fun!

Like ... we're getting various fixes done around the house, yay! We called in our trusty plumber and handyman, Uncle Teh, to help us get rid of a tree that started growing in the gutter at the top of the roof. It turns out that the darned thing had roots growing all the way down the pipe and he had to climb up on the roof to pull it out.

I thought it odd that he kept saying, "Ini pokok banyak celaka."

Not that I fully understand him anyway (and vice versa, I'm quite sure). He's more adept at speaking either Cantonese or Mandarin but we somehow make do with Malay. Being a rather old man, I suspect older than my own father, he tends to move about rather slowly. But the worst thing is that I believe he's a little hard of hearing which makes me look like a completely insolent young person (young relative to Uncle Teh) when I need to tell him something.

I have to practically yell at him, minimum twice, to make myself heard. The neighbours must think I'm downright rude. Make an old man climb my roof AND yell at him somemore.

Anyway, after that we got to asking about other fixes and then mentioned we wanted to get the house painted and he said, "Saya pun boleh sapu cat." Hooray! We've finally found our guy after looking and asking around for a few months now.

The quote he gave us for the work is reasonable, according to Atok, so we agreed. Today he arrived with his worker and started work. It's a bit messy and dusty around the house but at least we're getting somewhere.

The other good news is that Adik's toilet training is back to where it was, I think, when Bibik left. And he's also not too upset about not being given his pacifier to sleep. Takes a little longer, but he'll fall asleep eventually.


Plus his appetite is normal again. The past few weeks he hadn't been eating well at all, taking just 3-4 mouthfulls and storing most of it before spitting it out. Last night, he ate almost all the rice and veg and fish I put in his bowl, which was quite a lot, AND he even polished off Abang's leftover pasta. He was eyeing some other tid-bits but I stopped him. Last week, we got a bit carried away when Abang was enjoying his waffle that we stuffed him silly until he threw up.

All he said was, "I think I ate too much waffle." Yea... kesian ... so we learnt our lesson and decided not to overfeed Adik!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon