Friday, November 02, 2007

My First Conference

Today I attended my first Parent Teacher Conference. This past week has been 'exam week' at Abang's kindergarten and only the 3-year olds were spared.

I just shrugged it off when he told me that he had "exams" because these assessments/ tests/ exams can't be a big deal for a 4-year old. And I'm glad I didn't get all flustered about it because during the Parent Teacher Conference, his principal told me that after the instructions were read to him he just went ahead and did it in 10 minutes flat. Apparently, some of his classmates got very nervous and some started crying! Poor things! (I guessed that they have older siblings whom they have observed getting stressed over exams.)

As expected, Abang did very well and so I asked my usual question to his principal: how is he doing, socially? Does he get along with the other children? Is he friendly, etc?


"Oh, he's doing very well," came the reply. "He's very friendly with the others, extremely polite and well-mannered. In fact, some of the other children are learning from him how to be polite."

I almost fell off my chair.

She continued, "We love to hear him talk. It's very cute the way he talks. Today I asked him why he didn't come to school yesterday and he let out this big sigh and said 'Hai-yoooo.... sooo many things la teacher...' which made us all laugh."

So I am very pleased to give a glowing first progress report for Abang!

2 Comments:

At 11:02 AM , Blogger Tracy Tan said...

it's cute how kids speak like their parents :) so the "haiyoooh" comes from you ah?

my nephew goes, "haiya mummy ah!"

i had this friend who couldn't figure out why her 3 yr old kept asking "how much?" to everything...then it struck them that they keep asking the same question!

 
At 8:01 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

my nephew...4 going on 40!.. - Ant J

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon