Wednesday, April 25, 2007

Is that Abu?

Abu was one of the 4 kittens born at our house, a sibling to Harun. He had a sort of dark grey/ white coat and fairly even tempered. This was what he looked like just over a year ago. (Yes, I know, I used this picture before but this is his best one!)

As I've mentioned earlier, I had my eye on New White Socks at Nenek's house but it gone taken, together with a sibling, to a new home in Kuantan. NWS was also one of 4 kittens in that litter. So that left us with 2 kittens. Well, I'm using the term "us" rather liberally, I guess what I really mean is that there are 2 kittens left.

One of them looks just like Abu! Codenamed Abu 2, it has similar pattern and colour as Abu. Here it is, together with the other sibling that's left. I call the sibling Tipah 2 because it reminds me of Tipah, one of the other kittens we had. From birth, Tipah was the smallest and had always been rather sickly and Tipah 2 - although it doesn't seem sickly and isn't completely orange - certainly is smaller and shows more bones than Abu 2.

Today, during our weekly Kepong Run, I got a chance to feed them. There's an entire family of cats behind Nenek's house which Adik likes to feed, although he's a touch scared of them because they swipe for food. So today I fed them. I guess they were hungry enough that when I patted them, they just flinched but didn't protest and kept on eating.

That's when I felt brave enough to pick Abu 2 up and confirm that it's a boy. Boy, was I wrong! Abu 2 is a girl! Slight dilemma with the name, but I have that covered: I'll call her Aburina. Now that I got that right, I just had to check Tipah 2. So I gave even more food, patted Tipah 2 and hoisted her up and confirmed that Tipah 2 is, indeed, a girl. So no name change needed for her.

I'm working on getting Daddy to agree to adopting Aburina and Tipah 2, although the phrase "You don't have enough stress is it" doesn't seem too encouraging. I figured I need some allies - with 2 male cats, 2 sons and a husband, the ying-yang is slightly out of balance.

And for those of you who are thinking what I know you're thinking (and you know who you are), let's just say that 4-legged kittens are much easier to look after than 2-legged ones!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon