Thursday, April 19, 2007

Playing Pets


My sister told me a really funny story the other day. She told me that Cuz told her he's starting to play with the girls in his class.

"That's ok, right? I mean, he's nine and a half now, so that's about right, isn't it?" I asked her.

"Well, yes," she replied, "except that when I asked him 'What do you play' he said 'We play pets'."

I raised an eyebrow. "Excuse me?"

"Ya that was pretty much my reaction too. But I know that if he sees I'm freaked out or he suspects I think he shouldn't do it then that would just make him do it more," she told me. "So I just asked him calmly what he meant."

She told me he said,"We play pets! I'm their pet dog, see?"

"What do you do as a pet dog?" his mother asked him.

"Oh, I beg for scraps and they give me treats when I'm good. I follow them around and sometimes they just pet me on the head."

Hmmm.

"Yes, I know," she continued, "so weird, kan? Anyway, that would explain this jar of beads that he has. I know he likes beads and it figures that the girls would give him some beads whenever he's been 'good'."

And it also would explain why the knee area of his school uniforms are so torn up, because he goes around "begging for scraps" and "sniffing out the environment".

Like me, his mom isn't sure either whether this is necessarily a good development or not! The other thing that bothers her is that he doesn't seem to feel embarrassed at all.

"Honestly," she said, "I know girls much younger than him who get so easily embarrassed!"

Just the other day at 1Utama he was walking sideways, like a crab, while leaning back against a glass wall. Stop that, you're going to fall, stop that, you're going to fall, his mother warned him repeatedly.

"I'm not going to fall, giggle giggle giggle. I'm not going to fall, giggle giggle giggle."

SPLAT!

He didn't realise that the glass wall ended and the store entrance began. The store owner was horrified, his mother slapped her forehead 'DOH!' and onlookers were wondering what was going on.

Ah, so much fun for us to look forward to!

4 Comments:

At 10:14 AM , Blogger Tracy Tan said...

girls are learning very young to try and "train" their men? poor cuz!

 
At 10:11 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Heh heh heh only to be disappointed that things don't work the way they do during school recess!

 
At 5:05 PM , Blogger The Forgetful One! said...

i chuckled when i read the part about walking like a crab and going splat. must have been quite a sight ... hehehe!

 
At 1:48 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

And his mom was even more astounded that he wasn't the least bit embarrassed!

He stood up, dusted himself off and away he went ...

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon