Tuesday, November 06, 2007

Standing Up For Yourself

Ever since Adik was born, I've always tried to make sure that Abang is a good Abang to Adik - loves him, "protects" him, helps him out, etc. So of course when Abang gets a little overzealous (read: bully) I step in to nip the problem in the bud.

Unfortunately, that may have inadvertently made Adik a bit of a wimp, always running to Mummy at the slightest incident. After awhile I decided not to be so quick to admonish Abang especially if it was Adik who provoked Abang. I know, it's very unfair to Abang to always hear "Adik is very young, he still doesn't understand..." so I make sure that Adik is similarly admonished.

Sometimes I just let it be if it's not a major incident, to see what Adik would do if he were by himself with no Mummy to run to. I think I'm seeing some results.

Lately, if they're by themselves in the lounge and I'm in the kitchen, when I hear them start to get in each other's way, more often than not I will hear Adik say, "No, Abang, no! Abang no!"

Let the pushing and shoving begin!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon