Thursday, February 21, 2008

Adik's Curry House Experience

Today I took Adik to the nearby curry house (a somewhat nicer way of saying "mamak restaurant" I think) while I got the car washed. Notice how there is always a curry house next to a car wash? Complementary services.


This was actually Adik's second time at the curry house. The first was a few weeks ago , also when I got the car washed. The first time we went there, some of the waiters were trying to chat with him, pinching his cheeks and stuff. Offered him sweets too.

This time around, almost ALL the waiters were all over him as well as what I suspect is the proprietor of the restaurant. In fact, one of them 'teased' him by casually taking his toy away and waiting to see Adik's reaction.

My initial thought was, "Ooooh bad move, mister. If I were you, I'd give that back and fast."

And I was right! Adik's lips started to quiver when he said, "Where's my itu?" and before you could say "Don't cry Adik" he bawled his lungs out! Right in the middle of the restaurant. Of course the waiter promptly gave it back to Adik, apologising profusely while Adik completely ignored him and continued bawling away. It took me awhile to calm him down.


Almost on cue, 2 sweets appeared before our very eyes and that helped Adik bring himself to forgive that mean and cruel waiter. Once our MILO ais and roti tissue arrived, all was forgiven and forgotten.

Maybe next time I'll bring Abang instead when I get my car washed.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon