Thursday, February 28, 2008

How Puzzling ...

... that Adik can have such patience to do his jigsaw puzzles.

He's been doing - and has since mastered - these 12-piece wooden jigsaw puzzles he received as a Christmas present. Whenever he finishes one of them, say, the fire engine, then he'd give himself a big pat on the back saying, "Yay! Adik do fire engine!".

Since he's very familiar with these puzzles I decided to give him a different one for him to try, a Thomas and Friends 25-piece puzzle with a frame. Somewhat more difficult but since he's mastered the 12-piece ones it's time to move on and present him with greater challenges.

So this morning I opened the box for him and put all the pieces out for him. It's his first time and I had to really hold myself back from helping him. But I'm still amazed how patient he is, trying each piece, one by one, rotating them one way and another to see which piece fits where. Sometimes he has the correct piece but not in the correct order and then he just puts it aside and tries another piece. The only time I 'help' him is when he's got the correct piece in the correct place (for the nth time) but he's struggling to fit it because the other pieces have moved slightly. So I encourage him and say, "Yes, that's right! That's where it goes." Or worst case, I hold down the other piece that keeps moving.

Here's what he did with very minimal help from Mummy:



Great job, Adik!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon