Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Happy Birthday, Abang!

A year older, a year ... taller? Well, I'm sure he IS a year wiser.

He's been very much into the Ben 10 cartoon character so he asked for a "Ben 10 cake" for his birthday. Since there was no way I could make one with any of the aliens on it, I decided to go for the "easy" design of the Omnitrix (that's the watch that Ben wears that turns him into any of 10 aliens, although now I am told that number has risen to 20).

After many hours of labouring in a hot kitchen, this is what I came up with:


I honestly was not absolutely pleased with it but Abang's face lit up when he saw it, so that was enough for me. He wanted to have it in kindergarten and share it with his classmates. When I sent him and Adik, I informed the teacher that the cake is for them to enjoy with their classmates, she asked me, "Will you be coming later to join in the cake cutting?"

Abang told us that sometimes "Mummies and Daddies also go upstairs and have birthday cake" when his classmates celebrate their birthdays at kindergarten. Tempting as it was to do that - would be nice to see how the boys do in their school environment - but I don't think they'd have as much fun if I was around. So I declined.

When I came home I decided to make some cupcakes for the teachers since Daddy and I find that they are generally very good at what they do and also very accommodating. Personally I thought these turned out better than Abang's cake but of course this was easier:


I hope they enjoyed it!

Happy birthday Abang!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon