Tuesday, April 08, 2008

History Repeats Itself

I took Adik with me to run an errand this morning since he had the flu and was off school. Although he's toilet trained at home, just to be safe I put him in his pull-ups when we go out. That doesn't stop me from taking him to the loo at various malls, but it's for those in-case-he-needs-to-pee-while-in-the-car scenarios.

On our way home, he said, "Mummy, Adik nak kencing on grass. Pweeeeeees, Mummy. Adik nak kencing."

"Huh? Adik nak kencing on the grass?"

"Yes."

So I look around and there was plenty of grass on the road shoulder (away from people's houses, thank goodness, as it would just be so wrong to pee in front of someone's house) so I pulled up and let him do his thing.

I was reminded of the time I had to do that with Abang, on Lebuhraya Mahameru of all places.

I'm expecting more deja vu moments.

2 Comments:

At 9:41 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

For crying out loud, I can't remember the word grass in Malay. Do you speak in a mixture of English and Malay in the same sentence with the boys? My kid learned how to sing a Kong Hey Fatt Choy song in school and he sang it with an Orang Putih accent - it was so funny.

Mag

 
At 10:30 PM , Blogger Full Time Mom said...

Hi Mag

Grass=Rumput

Yes we do speak in a mixture of English and Malay sometimes in the same sentence too.

Well at least your kids are part-Orang Puteh so they're 'allowed' to speak like Orang Puteh. My kids started rolling their rrrrrr and speaking with such a slang all from watching the Disney channel!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon