Sunday, October 05, 2008

A Close Shave

Fortunately, this has nothing to do with self-inflicted wounds involving a razor blade. However, it is a bathroom incident nonetheless.

But first, Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! It was Hari Raya morning and I was cleaning my jewellery. Although it was Hari Raya, i.e. a special occasion, it was still daytime so I figured I won't change to a 'dressy' pair of earings and just wear my regular ones. But I wanted to clean them first.

I normally brush them lightly with a toothbrush next to the sink so that I can then immediately rinse them off, then lay them out on a tissue paper to dry.

Imagine my horror when, after cleaning all the pieces, I realised I was missing an earring back. Ok, don't panic. Yet. Let's look all over the sink counter.

Nope. Nothing there.

Could it have fallen on the floor?

Nope. Just dust.

Ok, panic starts to set in as I realise that it probably fell down the sink.

Oh, #$%@. Time to be the plumber and get ready for muck and guck. Man, that was terrible. It's Hari Raya morning, I was in the midst of getting all dressed up and here I was having to crouch under the sink holding a basin and unscrewing that little cup-like thing and letting all the grossness fall out, hoping that my earring back was in there somewhere.

Daddy got me a wire so that I could also poke and prod into the sink hole to make sure ALL the gunk came out, again, hoping that my little piece of jewellery was there.

So I took the basin to the shower stall and poured it all out really, really slowly while sifting through all that #$%@ rubbish to look for my earring back.

Sigh. No such luck. I did another hopeful round of searching on the sink counter and on the floor around it but it still did not produce the results I hoped for. I ended up wearing a dressy pair of earrings on Hari Raya day!

By the next morning I had resigned myself to the fact that at some point in the near future, I would have to go to a jewellery store to buy a new earring back.

That's when I picked up my toothbrush and saw that #$%@ elusive piece of jewellery stuck in the bristles of the toothbrush.

#$%@!!

3 Comments:

At 11:55 PM , Blogger Tracy Tan said...

Selamat Hari Raya!

 
At 1:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Selamat Hari Raya Maaf Zahir dan Batin.
The way to really clean gold is to go to a goldsmith shop(not the retail shop).Ask them to 'goreng' your gold and if they are familiar with you it is free,otherwise RM5-10.You shall get a sparkling brand new looking gold.

 
At 3:54 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

murphy's *shaking fist*

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home

web site tracking
Amazon Coupon